FH Contractors is Hiring! - Apply Here
F.H. Contractors, Inc. is a local family business that has been operating for over 32 years, currently employing two generations of craftsmen. We specialize in custom framing and design of all types including new construction, renovations, and additions.
We are looking to add additional carpenters to our team that pay attention to detail, have a good work ethic, can work well in a team environment, and take pride in their work.
Now Hiring Experienced Carpenters, General Contractors & Laborers!
Laborers, please submit an application at the bottom of this page.
Carpenters and General Contractors, please review the job description below and submit your resume and 2-3 professional references at the bottom of this page.
Carpenter Job Responsibilities:
- Installs walls, floors, ceilings, and roof framing using materials such as wood, and composites of PVC trim materials.
- Fits and installs window frames, doors, door frames, door hardware, and interior and exterior trim using a carpenter’s level, plumb bob, and laser levels.
- Capable of erecting scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground level.
- Studies specifications in blueprints, sketches, or building plans to prepare project layout.
- The ability to determine the dimensions and materials required is a plus, not necessarily required.
- Capable of interior trim work and cabinetry installation.
Shapes or cuts materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saws.
- Follows established safety rules and regulations.
Maintains a safe and clean environment.
Carpenter Qualifications / Skills:
- Capable of receiving and following instructions and communicating with co-workers.
- Able to read and adhere to labels, safety warnings, and guidelines.
- Attentive to detail and always alert to ensure safety.
- Reliable transportation and ability to work Monday through Friday 8am to 4:30pm
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- A high school diploma is an asset.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of experience in residential carpentry with a willingness to learn additional skills.
- A carpenter who has the ability or willingness to learn how to read schematic diagrams, blueprints, sketches, building plans, and other specifications.
- Strong working knowledge of job site safety as well as the ability to complete a company-specific safety orientation.
To apply, please submit a resume below that includes 2 to 3 professional references (non-family).